Cloning a project’s repo to your desktop
In this Instruction you learn, how you will be able to ‘copy’ (the code-loving people call it clone) an GitHub-Project-Folder to your desktop.
- Create a folder on your desktop (or whereever you want it to be later)
- Open Visual Studio Code and write this to go to the folder you want the copy in:
- Now write the following:
gh repo clone united-manufacturing-hub/dccaachen-2
This is a GitHub-Command to fullfill the cloning of the project `dccaachen-2`
If not working:
- If this doesn’t work you need to install the GitHubCLI into your power shell. Go to this article!
- Go back to visual studio code commando terminal.
gh auth login and follow the instructions (copy the code and login with broswer (press enter))
- then do the step 3 again. It will work fine!