Installing the United Manufacturing Hub on a VM (for IT department)
This is a quick introduction into deploying the United Manufacturing Hub on a VM and is written for the IT department. It includes some background information.
What is the United Manufacturing Hub?
It is a Helm Chart for Kubernetes and we typically deploy it using the operating system k3OS on an on-premise server / VM. More information can be found in our documentation:
k3OS is a minimal operating system designed to host lightweight Kubernetes clusters using k3s.
The full installation guide can be found here https://docs.umh.app/docs/getting-started/setup-development/#installation
- Create new VM (4 CPUS, 16 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD should always work.)
- download the latest version of k3OS and mount it in your VM (https://github.com/rancher/k3os/releases/tag/v0.21.5-k3s2r1)
- Boot up the LiveCD and ensure that you have internet connectivity. If DHCP is not allowed in your datacenter, you need to set the IP manually:
Using static IPs in k3OS
- Install and when asked for a cloud-init, use the one provided by us or, if using a test setup, using
- That’s it (default username / password is rancher / rancher). For production setups this needs to be changed.