Docker Desktop is a useful tool for development, but in order to use it, your user needs to be added to the docker-users group. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of adding a user to the docker-users group in Docker Desktop.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog.
- Type “netplwiz” and press Enter. This will open the User Accounts dialog.
- Make note of your username.
- Open PowerShell as an administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
net localgroup docker-users "username" /ADD
Replace “username” with the username you noted in step 3.
- Reboot your system to apply the changes.