UMHLens / OpenLens
Restarting a StatefulSet in Kubernetes Using UMHLens / OpenLens
This guide provides instructions on how to restart a StatefulSet in Kubernetes using UMHLens / OpenLens. The guide provides clear instructions for scaling down and scaling up replicas in order to restart the StatefulSet.
A StatefulSet is a type of workload that is used in Kubernetes to manage stateful applications. Sometimes it may be necessary to restart a StatefulSet in order to troubleshoot issues or apply updates. This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to restart a StatefulSet in Kubernetes using UMHLens.
- Go to Workload —> StatefulSet —> click on the relevant StatefulSet that you want to restart.
- In the top right corner, select the "Scale" button. Scale down to 0 replicas.
- Wait until all the Pods associated with the StatefulSet have been terminated. This may take some time.
- Optional: If you want to entirely reset the StatefulSet, you can delete the storage associated with it.
- Scale back up to the original amount of replicas that you had before the restart.