Softing EdgeAggregator is a proprietary software that allows users to connect to field devices and controllers. In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to install and use Softing EdgeAggregator in the United Manufacturing Hub (UMH).
- Connect the UMH-Stack with Lens (OpenLens or UMHLens).
- Press “+” next to the terminal tab and click “add resource”.
- Paste the following code:
apiVersion: apps/v1 kind: Deployment metadata: name: softing-edgeaggregator-deployment namespace: united-manufacturing-hub labels: app: softing-edgeaggregator-deployment spec: replicas: 1 selector: matchLabels: app: softing-edgeaggregator-deployment template: metadata: labels: app: softing-edgeaggregator-deployment spec: containers: - name: edgeaggregator image: softingindustrial/edgeaggregator ports: - containerPort: 443 - containerPort: 8099 - containerPort: 4897
- Press “Create&Close”.
- Click on the “united-manufacturing-hub-softing-deployment”-Pod and forward the 8099 port.
- A window should open in your browser. Log in with the username and password "admin".